Compendium (return)


Here, you will find – exclusively – my humble compendium of letters. These are the correspondence I have maintained with my family. I submit them to your review for reasons I do not understand.

Forgive such musings as here follow. They are merely awkward attempts to understand a reality which eludes language. And, now they are yours.

8.29.2013

Carys Comma

My Carybou,

I never meant for you to be this way. I never intentionally shaped you into what you are. I never tried to make you think the way you think, act the way you act, or feel the way you feel.

Have I tried to influence you? Of course.

Have I maybe been too controlling and manipulative? Unfortunately, yes.

But, none of it has worked. You are who you are despite me.

Despite me.

It is some deep and lovely thing that has steered you to your present. It was not me who made you so
opinionated so
passionate so
vibrant so
funny so
absolutely beautiful. So Breathtaking.

Whatever that thing is that made you who you are - do me a favor and follow that before you follow me!


Dada


numbers