Compendium (return)


Here, you will find – exclusively – my humble compendium of letters. These are the correspondence I have maintained with my family. I submit them to your review for reasons I do not understand.

Forgive such musings as here follow. They are merely awkward attempts to understand a reality which eludes language. And, now they are yours.

11.09.2012

Carys Comma

My Daughter,

They look like us, act like us, and touch like us. They're everywhere, and nowhere. They pass us on the street and smile.

I wonder if I could be one of them. I wonder if you could be one of them. It is more likely that you could.

They've been watching us. They are always watching and waiting for their moment to strike.


"I want you to have this."

"No, I couldn't."

"Please. I just feel like I should give this to you."

"It is too much."

"It is not enough. Just take it. Please, let me do this. "


What grace fills hearts so full? Why is it so random and rare - so unexpected?


“You do not have to sit outside in the dark. If, however, you want to look at the stars, you will find that darkness is necessary. But the stars neither require nor demand it.” ― Annie Dillard


numbers