Compendium (return)


Here, you will find – exclusively – my humble compendium of letters. These are the correspondence I have maintained with my family. I submit them to your review for reasons I do not understand.

Forgive such musings as here follow. They are merely awkward attempts to understand a reality which eludes language. And, now they are yours.

6.24.2015

Carys Comma

My Daughter,

I was told tonight to go outside, in the darkness and observe the Lights of North.

I saw something that I thought was aurora borealis, but it was a dull flicker. My observation gleaned some primal truth however.

I saw darkness from horizon to horizon.  This dark was interrupted only by stars.  The stars were brilliant and bright and a reminder that I was one of many fathers looking at the brightness of the dark sky.

You are a bright and shining celestial - a radiant of love. You shine even in the darkest sky.


my father moved through dooms of love
through sames of am through haves of give,
singing each morning out of each night
-ee cummings


numbers