Compendium (return)


Here, you will find – exclusively – my humble compendium of letters. These are the correspondence I have maintained with my family. I submit them to your review for reasons I do not understand.

Forgive such musings as here follow. They are merely awkward attempts to understand a reality which eludes language. And, now they are yours.

3.19.2014

Carys Comma

Where do you find it?

Is there a well within you? Or does it flow through you like you're amidst a river?

Some people call it spunk or attitude, but that is demeaning and starved.

It emanates in the worst moments and the best. It reveals itself as an insistent love and sometimes a guileless rage. 

It is when you scream in protest and when you glare with scorn. It is when you demand to be carried, and cared for, and cuddled and hugged. It is when you remind me of my promises and scold me for my lies. 

It is when you grab my face 
with two insistent tiny hands
And whisper
(Too loudly)
That you love me. 

It is your courage and strength. 
It is when you are you -
My beloved, magical Carys. 



Daddy


numbers